Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sean12 Sean12 is offline

Default Number formats and fields

Hi All!

I have a list of equations in a word document that I need to add a reference
(the first equation in the document will be equation A, the second will be
equation B, etc). So I need a numbering field. However, when I get to
equation 28 I want the format to be AB, then 29 to be AC, not BB, CC like the
default A, B, C€¦ numbering gives you. However, I will be adding other
equations randomly throughout the document and referring to the equation
reference in text paragraphs, so I would like them to auto update when I add
another equation in the middle of the document. Does anyone know how to make
a new numbering format or how I can do the above numbering format with a
field?

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...Q.htm#XLTypeNr.