Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
J-Dog J-Dog is offline

Default clearing history buffer

I've cleared my temp IE files, & resent doc files, but can't figure out how
to clear the entire history buffer...

I'm tired if having to scroll down & click the double chevrons on all of my
toolbar menus. I have an excellent tracks eraser app, but it won't recognize
any Office programs...

Please assist...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

History information is not stored in one location. Which particular history
do you want to erase?

J-Dog wrote:
I've cleared my temp IE files, & resent doc files, but can't figure
out how to clear the entire history buffer...

I'm tired if having to scroll down & click the double chevrons on all
of my toolbar menus. I have an excellent tracks eraser app, but it
won't recognize any Office programs...

Please assist...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
J-Dog J-Dog is offline

Um, this is the MS Word section of the forum, so I guess I'm lookin' to clear
Word's usage history, in order to view all of my menu options at a quick
glance, instead of having to scroll down to the bottom of each menu and ckick
the damned double chevron in order to see the less used items --- Its tedious
to do that, and I haven't noticed an option to clear it --- Just clearing the
doc history doesn't work.

Can't put it much more clearly than that...

J-Dog wrote:
I've cleared my temp IE files, & resent doc files, but can't figure
out how to clear the entire history buffer...

I'm tired if having to scroll down & click the double chevrons on all
of my toolbar menus. I have an excellent tracks eraser app, but it
won't recognize any Office programs...

Please assist...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

What you appear to be asking is how to display the full menus?
Tools customize options always show full menus.

J-Dog wrote:
I've cleared my temp IE files, & resent doc files, but can't figure
out how to clear the entire history buffer...

I'm tired if having to scroll down & click the double chevrons on
all of my toolbar menus. I have an excellent tracks eraser app, but
it won't recognize any Office programs...

Please assist...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Open the Tools Customize dialog and click the Options tab. Check the
option that says "Always show full menus". (That's in Word 2003. Some
earlier versions worded the option something like "Use personalized menus",
and if you have that one then it should be unchecked.)

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

J-Dog wrote:
I've cleared my temp IE files, & resent doc files, but can't figure
out how to clear the entire history buffer...

I'm tired if having to scroll down & click the double chevrons on
all of my toolbar menus. I have an excellent tracks eraser app, but
it won't recognize any Office programs...

Please assist...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
J-Dog J-Dog is offline

Thanks guys!...

I had to uncheck "Menus show resently used commands first", then it was just
a matter of clicking the "Reset usage data" button...

I had gone through the "Options" thoroughly, but must have pased "Customize"
a dozen times....

Oh well, when you're lost in the forest its hard to see the trees... (or,
like everybody else, I'm just mildly retarded)...

thx again...