StargateFan

Default What does "margins outside printable area" error mean? and is there a way to fix?

I keep getting that in docts. created by other people and I'd like to
know how to fix, pls. Nothing in the margins points to anything I can
figure out will fix problem. Various adjustments to margins haven't
fixed problem so far; it only gives me docts. that are very close to
edges of paper g.

Thanks.

Klaus Linke

I asked somebody recently to send me the doc, and it turned out to be line
numbering that was a yard from the left margin g.

Don't know how that happened, and I guess there could be much else going on
outside the margins apart from line numbers.

Regards,
Klaus

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
This is often a bogus message, but AFAIK no one has come up
with a solution to it when it is erroneous.

"StargateFan" wrote in message
I keep getting that in docts. created by other people and I'd like to
know how to fix, pls. Nothing in the margins points to anything I can
figure out will fix problem. Various adjustments to margins haven't
fixed problem so far; it only gives me docts. that are very close to
edges of paper g.

Thanks.

Yeow! Hadn't thought about that one!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
This is often a bogus message, but AFAIK no one has come up
with a solution to it when it is erroneous.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"StargateFan" wrote in message
I keep getting that in docts. created by other people and I'd like to
know how to fix, pls. Nothing in the margins points to anything I can
figure out will fix problem. Various adjustments to margins haven't
fixed problem so far; it only gives me docts. that are very close to
edges of paper g.

Thanks.

StargateFan

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 22:29:39 -0600, "Suzanne S. Barnhill"
wrote:

Yeow! Hadn't thought about that one!

So I'm guessing that since there isn't anything that allows us to see
behind the scenes to figure out what is outside (margins themselves
show nothing suspicious), the doct will have to be re-created in order
to not have this message?

Tx.