Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
carolinamuscle carolinamuscle is offline

Default Annoying Shading When Using Tables

I am running Windows XP SP2... and Office 2007 Plus -- Word... creating
complex documents with tables.... When I set up a table and begin to enter
text into cells, it starts shading and continues until I am not able to see
what I am typing... It affects every cell.. If I keep typing it goes back to
white.. and then to various shades of grey to black.... Thankfully, went I
send this out to those using Word 2003, it does not show up and it does not
print.... Is this artifacting? A bug? Or have I toggled something that is
making this happen?

I am regretting switching to Word 2007 during this project... Please help.

--
Thanks for sharing the MS Muscle!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

I would ordinarily suspect a weak printer driver (each new version of Word
always exacts a high price from existing/legacy printer drivers). So, that's
one place I'd look.

I also wonder if perhaps your installation went awry. I would try Word
Options - Resources - Diagnose to see if repairing the installation fixes
the problem.

I'm definitely not seeing anything like what you're seeing.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible
"carolinamuscle" wrote in message
I am running Windows XP SP2... and Office 2007 Plus -- Word... creating
complex documents with tables.... When I set up a table and begin to enter
text into cells, it starts shading and continues until I am not able to
see
what I am typing... It affects every cell.. If I keep typing it goes back
white.. and then to various shades of grey to black.... Thankfully, went I
send this out to those using Word 2003, it does not show up and it does
not
print.... Is this artifacting? A bug? Or have I toggled something that
is
making this happen?

I am regretting switching to Word 2007 during this project... Please help.

--
Thanks for sharing the MS Muscle!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
[email protected] paul.bikash@gmail.com is offline

On Apr 18, 4:54 am, carolinamuscle
wrote:
I am running Windows XP SP2... and Office 2007 Plus --Word... creating
complex documents with tables.... When I set up atableand begin to enter
text into cells, it startsshadingand continues until I am not able to see
what I am typing... It affects every cell.. If I keep typing it goes back to
white.. and then to various shades of grey to black.... Thankfully, went I
send this out to those usingWord2003, it does not show up and it does not
print.... Is this artifacting? A bug? Or have I toggled something that is
making this happen?

I am regretting switching toWord2007 during this project... Please help.

--
Thanks for sharing the MS Muscle!

Hi
I had a similar problem and i resolved it by creating a new windows
user account.

Hope that helps

Regards
Bikash Paul