Pushpinder

Default I can't find the Edit Menu in the Menu bar. How do i get it back.

I m the Computer Faculty in a school, Today my students asked me Sir where is
the Edit menu in the menu bar,and to my surprise it was not there, After
trying in the Customize from Tools menu, i thought i should be able to get it
back, but to no avail. Please help me to get it back. Thank u.

kpchop

I'm using Word XP.

Try this:

1. Go to the Tools menu and choose Customize...
2. Click on the Commands tab.
3. Under the Categories section, select Built-in Menus.
4. Under the Commands section, click on "Edit " with your left mouse button
and drag it back up to your Menu Bar between File and View.

Hope that helps. Someone in your class figured out that if you hold down the
Alt key and click on a menu or command, you can drag it off the menu bar
(gets rid of of it).