kallee

Default Numbers are continuing on every mail merge letter txt box; want 1,

We have created a mail merge letter with a text box. Within the text box are
the top 3 reasons, 1,2,3. After mail merging the 866 names, we've found that
the numbers are continuing - Page two has 4,5,6, etc.
Peter Jamieson

If you want 1,2,3 for each document you really need to switch off automatic
numbering for those three paragraphs and use manual numbering. e.g.
- select the hree paragraphs
- right-click and select Bullets and numbering, then click the "None"
option. The numbers should disappear.
- insert the numbers again manually. I'm never quite sure what to do if
Word starts numbering them automatically again (the people in the more
general Word groups can probably tell you), but I tend to head for
Tools|"Autocorrect options"|"AutoFormat as yout type" and uncheck the "Apply
as you type"|"Automatic numbered lists" option.

Peter Jamieson