Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
jsmith jsmith is offline

Default Word 2000 and 2007

Hi, I usually use Word 2007, but from time to time I use the 2000 version.
After I've used the one it takes ages to configure for the other and vic
versa...what's the best way so that I can just click the Word2007 icon and
have word open quickly and ditto Word2000. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

See the "Hacking the Registry" section of the article at
http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_word_2007.htm.

http://word.mvps.org

"jsmith" wrote in message
Hi, I usually use Word 2007, but from time to time I use the 2000 version.
After I've used the one it takes ages to configure for the other and vic
versa...what's the best way so that I can just click the Word2007 icon and
have word open quickly and ditto Word2000. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Each version of Word wants to "own" the registry entries that set its
configuration; the reconfiguration happens when one version finds that it's
lost control to the other version. There's an entry you can add to the
registry to prevent that.

Use the instructions in http://word.herbtyson.com/?p=14 (or the illustrated
ones in http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_word_2007.htm) to add the NoRereg
value to each version's Options key. The keys use the "version number"
rather than the name, so you need to know that Word 2007 is version 12.0,
and Word 2000 is version 9.0.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman