#1   Report Post  

Default Conditional Formatting for a table?

Hi,

I've read through a bunch of the answers to other conditional formatting questions on this board, but none of them line up with my exact question/issue, which is as follows:

I've created a table style that automatically reformats my tables to look the way I want them to with one exception. When my table breaks across pages, I want the last row that appears right before the page break to have different formatting from the rest of the table - essentially, I want it to have a top border with a double line, all other borders/shading turned off, and no content except the far-right-most cell that should say "(continued)". I guess I need the conditional formatting to first determine if the table is breaking across pages, and if it is, I need it to automatically insert a new row with the formatting I described immediately before the page break.

My solution has been to hand-jam a new row with that formatting. But I've grown tired of doing it this way because every time I edit the document in a place before this table appears, the page break shifts up or down and I have to re-hand jam my manual fixes for every affected table... which can sometimes be dozens.

So, I'm hoping there is a slick solution that someone can suggest. I'm using Office 365... if that's relevant info.
  #2   Report Post  
Banned

Your writing very well and provide a lot of useful information. But if you tap water more than half as compared to another article, I would definitely be great

happy wheels