Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jeanie B

Default Text Box Hidden under body of text

I apparently have a text box that has moved underneath a paragraph. I can't
see it, but it shows when I print the document. Any suggestions for deleting
it?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman

Jeanie B wrote:
I apparently have a text box that has moved underneath a paragraph. I
can't see it, but it shows when I print the document. Any suggestions
for deleting it?

First, go to Tools Options View and make sure the box for "Drawings" is
checked. (Word considers a text box to be a type of graphic.) Now you may be
able to see it on screen.

Display the Drawing toolbar and click the large white arrow button ("Select
Objects") near the left end. Move the mouse over the text box. If the cursor
turns into a 4-way arrow, click it to select the box and then press Delete.

If the cursor doesn't change, the text box may be in the header or footer
layer -- select View Header and then try the Select Objects tool. And if
you still can't see the text box even with the option set, you can try using
the Select Objects tool to drag a selection rectangle around its general
location.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
MinutiaMinder

Sounds like the text box has been set up to be "behind the text". Can you
click around in the area where it is located, and get it to show up on your
document? That is, can you get the little "box" to appear? If you can, then
you should be able to click on one of the sides of the square and hit
"Delete".

If that doesn't work, let me know what happens and I'll try to duplicate the
problem, so I can give you a better answer!

MM
--
www.minutiaminders.com

The Entrepreneur''''''''''''''''s Lifeline

"Jeanie B" wrote:

I apparently have a text box that has moved underneath a paragraph. I can't
see it, but it shows when I print the document. Any suggestions for deleting
it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jeanie B

Tried those...doesn't work. I currently trying a find and replace to see if
the word changes when replaced. It did change. So now I will try again,
slower this time. AHAA! Got it. You know how typically the Find/Replace moves
you from one Found to the Next and normally you can see the found word. Well
it just found nothing on the page, but an anchor right in the middle of a
paragraph. I drug the achor over to the margin and whallaaa, the missing text
box reappeared. Mind you the anchor was 3 pages away from the text box! No
wonder I could locate it locally where it was printing.
Thanks anyway!