Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Kimbo1957 Kimbo1957 is offline

Default New word document starts half way down page how do I reset

whenever I start a new word document the cursor is half way down to page . I
cannot get it up to the top of the page, I have tried to reset the margins
but it wont start at the top of the page
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

How you correct the problem depends on which version of Word you have.
Unfortunately, you don't seem to know, and we can't see your screen from
here.

In Word 2003 or earlier, click on File | Page Setup | Layout tab |
Vertical alignment: Top | Apply to: Whole document | Default | OK.

In Word 2007, click on Page Layout | Marginns: Custom Margins | Layout
tab | Vertical alignment: Top | Apply to: Whole document | Default | OK.

If you are prompted to save changes to your global template when you
exit Word, say yes.