Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
tfox8 tfox8 is offline

Default Cannot stretch image to edge of page

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to create a letterhead for my business and I am need to
stretch an image across the page so that it leaves no white space on
the sides or on the bottom of the page. No matter what I do, there is
still white space between my image and the edges of the page, when I
print preview. I have worked with the margins, header/footer settings,
and nothing works.

Also, I need to lock the image, so as I type on my letterhead my image
at the bottom of the page does not move down as I type. Any ideas?

I appreciate any help.

Tom

--
tfox8
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
macropod macropod is offline

Hi Tom,

The reason you can't get the image to display all the way to the edge of the paper is that your printer can't print to the edge of
the paper. That is a hardware limitation and Print Preview is showing what will happen when you print the document. If you change
print drivers to one that *can* print to the edge of the paper (eg a photo printer or a pdf driver), Print Preview will reflect that
capacity.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"tfox8" wrote in message ...

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to create a letterhead for my business and I am need to
stretch an image across the page so that it leaves no white space on
the sides or on the bottom of the page. No matter what I do, there is
still white space between my image and the edges of the page, when I
print preview. I have worked with the margins, header/footer settings,
and nothing works.

Also, I need to lock the image, so as I type on my letterhead my image
at the bottom of the page does not move down as I type. Any ideas?

I appreciate any help.

Tom

--
tfox8

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
tfox8[_2_] tfox8[_2_] is offline

Thank you for the response. I forgot all about that. I'm sure the print
driver is the issue.

Tom

macropod;2693082 Wrote:
Hi Tom,

The reason you can't get the image to display all the way to the edge
of the paper is that your printer can't print to the edge of
the paper. That is a hardware limitation and Print Preview is showing
what will happen when you print the document. If you change
print drivers to one that *can* print to the edge of the paper (eg a
photo printer or a pdf driver), Print Preview will reflect that
capacity.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]
-------------------------

"tfox8" wrote in message
...-

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to create a letterhead for my business and I am need to
stretch an image across the page so that it leaves no white space on
the sides or on the bottom of the page. No matter what I do, there is
still white space between my image and the edges of the page, when I
print preview. I have worked with the margins, header/footer
settings,
and nothing works.

Also, I need to lock the image, so as I type on my letterhead my
image
at the bottom of the page does not move down as I type. Any ideas?

I appreciate any help.

Tom

--
tfox8 -

--
tfox8
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

On "locking" the image, if you put it in the header/footer it will not
interfere with your typing. See the tutorial he
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm