Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Chris Chris is offline

Default Page Setup menu choice grayed out

The "Page Setup" menu choice is grayed out in the File menu when I edit a
particular document (prepared by someone else.)

I need access to this to update the page formatting. There are no
protections on in the document (that I can see from tools=protection.)

Does anyone have an idea of how to get this back, or work around it?

Thanks in advance!
-Chris.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

If the insertion point is inside a frame or text box, the Page Setup command
will be grayed out. Place the insertion point in an ordinary text paragraph
and you should be able to use the command.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

news