Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Flav Flav is offline

Default watermarks disappear in one section when placed in another section

I am using Word 2007 to edit a Word 2003 file having 3 sections with
different headers/footers in each section (so they are not linked) and saving
back as a Word 2003 file. When I insert the standard 'draft' watermark in
one section it is removed from the others, so that it is in only one section
at a time. How can I correct this so that it appears in the entire document,
without messing up the distinct headers and footers? The on-line help and the
knowledge base have not been helpful.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Open the header pane of the section where the watermark does appear. Click
on it to select it, and copy it to the clipboard. Go to each of the other
sections' headers and paste.

A watermark is just a picture or WordArt graphic that is anchored in the
header, which is why this method works. The Watermark command in Word 2007,
though, deletes any existing watermarks before inserting a new one.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman