Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Helen Helen is offline

Default I truly hope I'll get help with this question - Protecting a table

Good day,

Using Windows XP, Word 2003 (not for long...)

I'm trying to create a table, 5 columns, one line, specific height and
width. This is okay. Users will not be allowed to change these settings.

However, and here's the tricky part, I want to allow them to change the
format applied to the text entered in the 5 columns. For now, it is set at
Arial 10, bold. But they may need to change the police size to 9 or 8.

I created a style for the table. But if I protect it, unselecting it in the
list of styles that can be modified, the protection also applies to the text,
which cannot be! The point is to let users enter text in the each cell, and
be able to modify it.

I created a style for the text, allowing users to modify it, but when I
apply the protection, it cannot be modified.

What am I not doing right here?

Thank you!

Helen
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Why do you need to protect anything? Just set the table properties
appropriately.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.