Carrie Lackey

Default Including pdf document as appendix

I am trying to create a manual which contains pdf documents at the end in
appendices. Most of the pdf's are government regulations/laws and guidance
notes. Therefore, I would like them to retain their orignal formatting so
readers of the manual know that they are reading the original law,
regulation, etc. However, I would also like the page numbers in the table of
contents of the manual to reflect the correct location of each pdf file in
the manual. Is there a way to do this? I've thought of a couple of ways
around this:

1. Create Appendix Titles only and link the pdf file in as an object.
Problems: Page numbers wouldn't be updated because word won't know how many
pages are in the pdf file. Also, it means that to print the entire manual it
will be necessary to separately print each pdf file and then manually insert
into the appropriate section of the manual.

2. Copy each page of the pdf file as an object into the manual. This will
solve the page number problem, but the size of the file after all the pdf
pages are linked will be huge.

Thanks for any help that you may be able to provide!!
Caroline Lackey

Thanks. But I don't believe the Word table of contents will include the PDF
appendices unless I manually change the page numbers in the TOC. Am I
correct on this, or is there another way of accomplishing my task? The
problem is that this is going to be a constantly changing document, as
updates and amendments are being made. So if I have to recreate the TOC
every time, manually change the page numbers of the Appendices, and then
import the word document to PDF, it will become a fairly tedious procedure.

"Jezebel" wrote:

Approach the problem the other way round. Convert your Word document to a
PDF, then assemble the whole lot in Acrobat.