Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mikewillnot mikewillnot is offline

Default How to change templates display from icons to list or details?

With Word 2003, SP-3
In some of my templates folder I have a lot of templates, more than
are visible on a single "icon" style screen when choosing a template.
How can I change the mode of that screen from "icon" to "list" or
"details" ?

THANKS
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can't, at least not without some VBA. Have you considered adding
subfolders to your Templates folder? Each will show up as a separate tab,
and you can move templates to the appropriate subfolders/tabs so that you
don't have so many displayed on the General tab.

"mikewillnot" wrote in message
With Word 2003, SP-3
In some of my templates folder I have a lot of templates, more than
are visible on a single "icon" style screen when choosing a template.
How can I change the mode of that screen from "icon" to "list" or
"details" ?

THANKS

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mikewillnot mikewillnot is offline

Thanks, Suzanne. I'm using subfolders, but still have the
overcrowding problem, both on the General screen and in one or two
subfolders. Some VBA isn't over my head, but some direction would
help.

On Nov 9, 7:14*pm, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
You can't, at least not without some VBA. Have you considered adding
subfolders to your Templates folder? Each will show up as a separate tab,
and you can move templates to the appropriate subfolders/tabs so that you
don't have so many displayed on the General tab.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If you are using Word on Windows XP then

Sub FileNewDialog()
SendKeys "{TAB 6}{Right}+{TAB 6}"
Dialogs(wdDialogFileNew).Show
End Sub