Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tammy tammy is offline

Default Equation tool - Word 2007 - alignment within a paragraph

Hi,

I wasn't sure where to post this question - if i'm in the wrong group,
please let me know.

I have a user who has an ongoing problem with equation aligment when using
the Equation tool in Word 2007. *Sometimes* an equation lines up perfectly
with the text within a paragraph. *Sometimes* it will line up slightly above
the line of text.

My user said that the "equations are inserted at a cursor point that is on
the text line, but on leaving the equation editor the math expression is
misaligned. In other cases it works fine."

There may be an answer out there within the posts, but i haven't found it.
Maybe I haven't searched for the correct wording.

I read something about alignment being a known Microsoft "bug" - but, wasn't
sure if this is actually what it was referring to.

Any ideas on how to correct this?

Thanks!