ChelseaWarren

Default Hiding Table Gridlines When Document Opens

I'm trying to send a document with a table. Each time I open the document
the gridlines are showing. If I hide the gridlines and save the document,
the next time I open it the gridlines are displaying again. I tried an
AutoOpen macro hiding the gridlines but am not sure it will run when the
document is received
Anne Troy

Viewing of gridlines is a PC setting, not a document setting.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"ChelseaWarren" wrote in message
I'm trying to send a document with a table. Each time I open the document
the gridlines are showing. If I hide the gridlines and save the document,
the next time I open it the gridlines are displaying again. I tried an
AutoOpen macro hiding the gridlines but am not sure it will run when the
document is received

Anne Troy

No. I mean go to the menu: Table--Show gridlines. This is a choice of the
user at the PC. If you Hide gridlines and send a document to someone else,
the hiding of the gridlines is not saved with the document---it's a view
setting on the individual PC. So, if you open the doc, and hide gridlines,
close the doc, show gridlines, open the doc, they're going to show.
*******************

"Anne Troy" wrote:

Viewing of gridlines is a PC setting, not a document setting.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"ChelseaWarren" wrote in

message
I'm trying to send a document with a table. Each time I open the

document
the gridlines are showing. If I hide the gridlines and save the

document,
the next time I open it the gridlines are displaying again. I tried

an
AutoOpen macro hiding the gridlines but am not sure it will run when

the
document is received

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Glad you found it helpful.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HideGridlines.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"ChelseaWarren" wrote in

message
I'm trying to send a document with a table. Each time I open the

document
the gridlines are showing. If I hide the gridlines and save the

document,
the next time I open it the gridlines are displaying again. I tried

an
AutoOpen macro hiding the gridlines but am not sure it will run when

the
document is received

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
ChelseaWarren ChelseaWarren is offline

I must have missed your post when you first replied to this. Thank you so
much -- that's a GREAT idea!