PartnersUs

Default How do I save a custom color in Word 2002?

I have created a Word template for letterhead with three custom colors
assigned to selected styles. I'd like to make the custom colors permanently
available in the color palette for the template so we don't have to rebuild
them for other uses. How would I do this?
Jay Freedman

On Wed, 3 Aug 2005 15:29:05 -0700, "PartnersUs"
wrote:

I have created a Word template for letterhead with three custom colors
assigned to selected styles. I'd like to make the custom colors permanently
available in the color palette for the template so we don't have to rebuild
them for other uses. How would I do this?

Styles are *the* way of storing custom font colors -- there is no
other. You can use the Organizer to copy styles from one template to
another (Tools Templates & Add-ins Organizer).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dawn.aquila[_2_] dawn.aquila[_2_] is offline

here's a cheat I use because styles can be a pain in the ass, plus I have no
idea how to port them from one computer to another. Creat a word document
that has text in it with all your custom colors-- you can carry it with you
wherever you go. you can use the format painter (paintbrush icon on standard
toolbar) to copy from one document to another. It will take other formatting
with it but useful for text without fancy formatting. I also type the
HSL/RGB numbers next to each color.

"PartnersUs" wrote:

I have created a Word template for letterhead with three custom colors
assigned to selected styles. I'd like to make the custom colors permanently
available in the color palette for the template so we don't have to rebuild
them for other uses. How would I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

For some reason you have posted this suggestion to a variety of old
messages, the originators of which will have long since moved on ... which
is as well because advising people not to use styles in a style driven
application is simply ridiculous.

Word formats using styles. Even if you try to avoid them, the styles are
present, so it would make more sense to learn how to use them properly
rather than mickey mouse methods of avoidance that will make your documents
even harder to edit.

The styles used in a document are stored in the templates you use to create
the documents, so 'to port them from one computer to another' transfer the
templates. However if you modify styles within a document, those modified
styles will remain with the document.

If you use custom colours in a document, create character (or paragraph)
styles as appropriate, that are formatted with those colours, stored in the
document template, and apply the styles to the coloured texts as
appropriate.

"PartnersUs" wrote:

I have created a Word template for letterhead with three custom colors
assigned to selected styles. I'd like to make the custom colors
permanently
available in the color palette for the template so we don't have to
rebuild
them for other uses. How would I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"PartnersUs" wrote:

I have created a Word template for letterhead with three custom colors
assigned to selected styles. I'd like to make the custom colors
permanently
available in the color palette for the template so we don't have to
rebuild
them for other uses. How would I do this?

Convert Word 2003 documents to WordPerfect formate Carol Microsoft Word Help 6 March 9th 06 07:11 AM
Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
Wordperfect Office 2000 conversion to Word 2003 MikeE New Users 1 March 21st 05 12:04 AM