Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.programming
Patrick Schmid

Default Word 2007 - styles combo-box add-in (Office 2007 COM Add-In UI customization example)

As some have already found out, Word 2007 doesn't offer an efficient way
of working with styles as the good old Styles combo box that showed the
currently active style and let the user choose a different style didn't
make it into Word 2007. I wrote Word 2007 add-in to get that combo Box
back.
The add-in also serves as my example on how to write a COM Add-In that
customizes the Office 2007 Ribbon UI. As such, I provide the full C#
source code. I will post a VBA.NET version soon as well.
The blog post which details the implementation and has a link to
download the add-in is at http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/06/14/21

Patrick Schmid
--------------
http://pschmid.net

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.programming
Fred Fred is offline

Thank you it is geat - but it falls off my toolbar when I exit Word 2007.
So I have to reinstall it back? Most odd.

But nice add-in.
"Patrick Schmid" wrote in message
As some have already found out, Word 2007 doesn't offer an efficient way
of working with styles as the good old Styles combo box that showed the
currently active style and let the user choose a different style didn't
make it into Word 2007. I wrote Word 2007 add-in to get that combo Box
back.
The add-in also serves as my example on how to write a COM Add-In that
customizes the Office 2007 Ribbon UI. As such, I provide the full C#
source code. I will post a VBA.NET version soon as well.
The blog post which details the implementation and has a link to download
the add-in is at http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/06/14/21

Patrick Schmid
--------------
http://pschmid.net

Posted to microsoft.public.word.programming,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid Patrick Schmid is offline

Rather odd. Check my webpage again for the latest version. Maybe that
solves the issue?
Do you open Word 2003 regularly?

Patrick Schmid
--------------
http://pschmid.net

"Fred" wrote in message
:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.programming
John Sandu John Sandu is offline

Default Word 2007 - styles combo-box add-in (Office 2007 COM Add-In UI

Yes, I work regularly with Office 2003, but I've installed - for testing and
adapting purposes - Office 2007 Beta to my place and I notice sometimes
differences between my usual manner of working and the UI of 2007.

One question: Displaying current styles using an add-in will be the position
of Microsoft after the official release? Will Microsoft adopt the
add-in-fashion to work in some cases - let's say "particular cases", even I
consider them not particular?

John Sandu

"Fred" wrote in message
:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.programming
Patrick Schmid Patrick Schmid is offline

One question: Displaying current styles using an add-in will be the
position
of Microsoft after the official release? Will Microsoft adopt the

To be determined.

add-in-fashion to work in some cases - let's say "particular cases", even I
consider them not particular?

Add-ins should work all the time and not just automatically stop
working. I suspect it's a bug in my add-in code that has to do with
opening Word 2003 regularly. I don't open Word 2003 anymore at all, as
it rather annoyingly takes over as default for Word documents all the
time, which I don't want as I stopped using 2003 basically and only have
it for testing purposes on my computer. That take-over also destroys the
OneNote blogging feature, which I use constantly.

I'll need to look into this issue a bit more.

Patrick Schmid
--------------
http://pschmid.net

John Sandu

"Fred" wrote in message
:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.programming,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid Patrick Schmid is offline

Maybe. Let me check into it.

Patrick Schmid
--------------
http://pschmid.net

" wrote in message
ups.com:

Yes, I do both is that why?

"Fred" wrote in message
:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.programming,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid Patrick Schmid is offline

Hi John,

The issue with the add-in not loading always is fixed in V1.3:
http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/07/02/27

Patrick Schmid
--------------
http://pschmid.net

:

"Fred" wrote in message
:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.programming,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid Patrick Schmid is offline

Hi Janine,

The issue with the add-in not loading always is fixed in V1.3:
http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/07/02/27

Patrick Schmid
--------------
http://pschmid.net

" wrote in message
ups.com:

Yes, I do both is that why?

"Fred" wrote in message
:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.programming,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ann Marie Ann Marie is offline

Yes it did thaks Patrick - sorry for slow reply snowed under....
"Patrick Schmid" wrote in message
Hi Janine,

The issue with the add-in not loading always is fixed in V1.3:
http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/07/02/27

Patrick Schmid
http://pschmid.net

" wrote in message