LMB

Default How do I create a multi file book in Word ?

Yes is wonderful, but How is better. I have tried repeatedly to generate a
TOC from multiple files using RD to specify the different files and:

{TOC \o "1-4" \h \s chapter} - stops listing anything after chapter 6, and I
have used the Chapter style in the chapters after 6.

{TOC \f \h \*MERGEFORMAT} lists the the text that I want but no page numbers.

I think that I'm just going to end up with one enormous file, as it appears
unreliable. I used it years ago successfully (think it was Word 98), and I'm
using Word 2000 now. It does not seem to be as reliable, or I just don't
understand what it needs.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Yes.

"Krish_Pillai" wrote in message
I need to create a book composed of chapters in different files. The TOC,
page numbering etc. should show up right in the book. Each Chapter will be
individually written by experts, and I should be able to combine them and
generate a book with the right cross references, page numbering, TOC. Is

this
possible?