Thomas

Default Change a decimal point (.) by coma (,)

Hi all,

In word, I have a mergedfield pointing to an Access bd field where is a
number. Now I need to use comas (,) intead of points (.) as my decimal
character.

My mergedfield reads as follow: { MERGEDFIELD PVPIVA \#"0.00" } What I need
to change to use comas.

Also, I need to round up it. How can I do it in word? I need the correct
amount in access to avoid miscalculations.

Is urgent. Thanks.

Greg

Word's round function rounds =.5 up and .5 down. You will have to
force a round up by adding a constant.

Say "Test" is a bookmark value 12.24 use the formula

{=round(Test + .5,0) } round to 13
or
{=round(Test +.05,1) } to round to 12.3
and so on.

For the comma decimal separator, I think you will have to make changes
in your Windows Regional and Language Settings.

Graham Mayor

Word only Rounds -To round *up* you need a calculation
{ =ROUND({ ={ MERGEFIELD PVPIVA } + .005 },2) }

You will have to change the regional settings of Windows to use a comma
decimal character.

Thomas wrote:
Hi all,

In word, I have a mergedfield pointing to an Access bd field where is
a number. Now I need to use comas (,) intead of points (.) as my
decimal character.

My mergedfield reads as follow: { MERGEDFIELD PVPIVA \#"0.00" } What
I need to change to use comas.

Also, I need to round up it. How can I do it in word? I need the
correct amount in access to avoid miscalculations.

Is urgent. Thanks.

Thomas

Hi Greg,

Thanks for your quick response,
I did not understand exactly what to do.
Where I must have to put the MERGEFIELD.

Could you fit your example in this one? It should make it easier for me
{ MERGEDFIELD PVPIVA \#"0.00" }

I tried by:
{=ROUND { MERGEDFIELD PVPIVA \#"0.00" }+.5,2}
{=ROUND { MERGEDFIELD PVPIVA \#"0.00" +.5,2}}
{=ROUND { MERGEDFIELD PVPIVA +.5,2}}
and others, but doesn´t work.

Thanks.

"Greg" wrote:

Word's round function rounds =.5 up and .5 down. You will have to
force a round up by adding a constant.

Say "Test" is a bookmark value 12.24 use the formula

{=round(Test + .5,0) } round to 13
or
{=round(Test +.05,1) } to round to 12.3
and so on.

For the comma decimal separator, I think you will have to make changes
in your Windows Regional and Language Settings.

Thomas

Hi graham,

Still doesn't work right.
In the bd field I have the value 22.469999999999999 and after I make the
modifications you've indicated I didn't got 22.50 as I expected, but I can
get 23 or 22 easily without decimal places. This solves both problems for me,
rounding the value and avoiding any decimal character (point or coma).

Thanks you all.
Thomas.