Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Hyper link to PDF files

In Microsoft works word 8 I am able to hyper link to PDF research files. I am
trying to do the same thing in Micrsoft word but it starts to open adobe
reader and then stops, i need to be able to do this in microsoft word as that
is what the users are running.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor

Where are the pdf files?
{HYPERLINK "d:\\path\\filename.pdf" }
works for me.

wrote:
In Microsoft works word 8 I am able to hyper link to PDF research
files. I am trying to do the same thing in Micrsoft word but it
starts to open adobe reader and then stops, i need to be able to do
this in microsoft word as that is what the users are running.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tony Jollans

The problem is probably with your Acrobat Reader. If it starts, Word has
done what it should; if it fails to load completely there isn't much Word
can do.

Might you be using an expired trial of Acrobat Writer? I believe that can
behave something like you describe.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

" m
wrote in message ...
In Microsoft works word 8 I am able to hyper link to PDF research files. I

am
trying to do the same thing in Micrsoft word but it starts to open adobe
reader and then stops, i need to be able to do this in microsoft word as

that
is what the users are running.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
klayton

I am with the same problem. I use the program freePDF that it converts .doc
into .pdf and it happens the same thing. It is not a trial version. And the
interesting one is that when I type one link www.google.com type link
functions in pdf but when I type a word-key to be hiperlink, example: google
then it does not function€¦
--
Enjoy,
Klayton Lauer