Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
BK

Default Remove a dictionary entry

Using Windows XP-Pro and Office 2003.

I know how to remove a custom dictionary, but is there a way to delete an
individual entry that has been added to the main dictionary?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Luc

BK,
See if this helps:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/Ex...ordFromDic.htm
Or if you mean removing a word from the custom dictionary:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/EditCustomDic.htm

--
Luc Sanders
(MVP - PowerPoint)

"BK" schreef in bericht
Using Windows XP-Pro and Office 2003.

I know how to remove a custom dictionary, but is there a way to delete an
individual entry that has been added to the main dictionary?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
BK

Thanks so much. The second article you listed was the helpful one. A
client of mine had accidentally added an incorrectly spelled word to the
main dictionary. This article allowed us to remove that entry. I'm
grateful for your assistance.

"Luc" wrote in message
BK,
See if this helps:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/Ex...ordFromDic.htm
Or if you mean removing a word from the custom dictionary:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/EditCustomDic.htm

--
Luc Sanders
(MVP - PowerPoint)

"BK" schreef in bericht
Using Windows XP-Pro and Office 2003.

I know how to remove a custom dictionary, but is there a way to delete an
individual entry that has been added to the main dictionary?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

I'm glad you got the result you wanted, but just for your future
information, it is not possible to add words to the "main" dictionary
(Word's built-in lexicon); it is only possible to add words to your personal
"custom" dictionary (Custom.dic by default).

"Luc" wrote in message
BK,
See if this helps:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/Ex...ordFromDic.htm
Or if you mean removing a word from the custom dictionary:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/EditCustomDic.htm

--
Luc Sanders
(MVP - PowerPoint)

"BK" schreef in bericht
Using Windows XP-Pro and Office 2003.

I know how to remove a custom dictionary, but is there a way to delete

an
individual entry that has been added to the main dictionary?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
BK

I stand corrected for sure. But the word we wanted to delete showed up when
we followed the steps given.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
I'm glad you got the result you wanted, but just for your future
information, it is not possible to add words to the "main" dictionary
(Word's built-in lexicon); it is only possible to add words to your
personal
"custom" dictionary (Custom.dic by default).

so
all may benefit.

"Luc" wrote in message
BK,
See if this helps:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/Ex...ordFromDic.htm
Or if you mean removing a word from the custom dictionary:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/EditCustomDic.htm

--
Luc Sanders
(MVP - PowerPoint)

"BK" schreef in bericht
Using Windows XP-Pro and Office 2003.

I know how to remove a custom dictionary, but is there a way to delete

an
individual entry that has been added to the main dictionary?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

That's because it described how to edit the custom dictionary.

"BK" wrote in message
I stand corrected for sure. But the word we wanted to delete showed up

when
we followed the steps given.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
I'm glad you got the result you wanted, but just for your future
information, it is not possible to add words to the "main" dictionary
(Word's built-in lexicon); it is only possible to add words to your
personal
"custom" dictionary (Custom.dic by default).

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.