Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Beth is offline

Default Set MS Outlook as Default Email from Word

Hello,

I want to email word documents as attachments.

It always brings up Outlook Express, however I actually use Microsoft Outlook.

How can I change the default program?

Many thanks,
Beth
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

There are two settings that may be relevant here, one in your browser and
one in Outlook. If you're using a browser other than Internet Explorer, I'm
not sure what the setting might be, but in Internet Explorer, select Tools |
Internet Options (this may be a Windows dialog, since it's also accessible
from Windows Control Panel) and select Outlook for E-mail on the Programs
tab.

Then, in Outlook, go to Tools | Options | Other and check the box for "Make
Outlook the default program for E-mail..."