Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
twnisbett twnisbett is offline

Default Word 2007 not saving option to save in Word 2003 format

I am using Word 2007 in an office where most people use Word 2003. As such,
I want the default setting to save documents in the Word 97-2003 (.doc)
format. I select such in the Word options dialog. But, the next time I open
Word 2007, it wants to save my new document in the Word 2007 (.docx) format.
In short, it is not remembering my settings. Any ideas as to why?

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Most likely it's a corrupted Data key in the registry. I would try renaming
or deleting the Data key in the registry:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\W ord\Data

*Standard disclaimer: editing the registry can cause problems if you mess
up, and can destabilize the rotation of the planet. Proceed at your own
risk.*

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible