spncity

Default Can I automatically insert document name/location?

Where, oh where, is this command? I remember it years ago in WordPerfect and
I feel like I've looked everywhere. Surely there is a comparable key stroke
or two that will insert the path and document name in my document...??

If I could, I would make my blank page template include it in little tiny
gray letters at the bottom of each page.

Perhaps it is staring me in the face somewhere.

Thanks for comments!
Kenneth

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 15:07:01 -0800, "spncity"
wrote:

Where, oh where, is this command? I remember it years ago in WordPerfect and
I feel like I've looked everywhere. Surely there is a comparable key stroke
or two that will insert the path and document name in my document...??

If I could, I would make my blank page template include it in little tiny
gray letters at the bottom of each page.

Perhaps it is staring me in the face somewhere.

Thanks for comments!

Howdy,

This can be done by clicking on View | Header & Footer, then
Insert | Field. Among the field choices you should find what
you need.

HTH,
--
Kenneth

spncity

Okay, I see something about
Insert Autotext Autotext Filname and path Insert

This seems very laborious. I want an icon to click ! Can I make an
icon to click?

Better yet - can I make it part of the normal or blank page template? I
want it at the bottom in 8 pt. type in gray.

Thank you!!!

spncity
spncity

Kenneth

Wow - you're fast.

Thanks for replying! See my second post with a couple of follow up
questions.

Namely - can I make a toolbar icon that is a "insert filename and path" ?

And... if I wanted it on all documents, could I make it part of the blank
page template?

Thanks!

spncity

Howdy,

This can be done by clicking on View | Header & Footer, then
Insert | Field. Among the field choices you should find what
you need.

HTH,
--
Kenneth

Kenneth

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 15:31:02 -0800, "spncity"
wrote:

Howdy,

This can be done by clicking on View | Header & Footer, then
Insert | Field. Among the field choices you should find what
you need.

HTH,
--
Kenneth

Kenneth

Wow - you're fast.

Thanks for replying! See my second post with a couple of follow up
questions.

Namely - can I make a toolbar icon that is a "insert filename and path" ?

And... if I wanted it on all documents, could I make it part of the blank
page template?

Thanks!

spncity

Hello again,

You can certainly make a template. If you use this
frequently, that would be the way to go. And, yes, you can
make it in any font etc. you want.

You mentioned autotext, and in that list there is a choice
of filename & path.

You should be all set.

All the best,

--
Kenneth

spncity

TO Kenneth and Suzanne

Wait, wait! I want an icon, too!!!

Can I have an ico, too?? An icon that will "insert filename and path" ??

spncity

Hello again,

You can certainly make a template. If you use this
frequently, that would be the way to go. And, yes, you can
make it in any font etc. you want.

You mentioned autotext, and in that list there is a choice
of filename & path.

You should be all set.

All the best,

--
Kenneth

Kenneth

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 16:25:02 -0800, "spncity"
wrote:

Hello again,

You can certainly make a template. If you use this
frequently, that would be the way to go. And, yes, you can
make it in any font etc. you want.

You mentioned autotext, and in that list there is a choice
of filename & path.

You should be all set.

All the best,

--
Kenneth

TO Kenneth and Suzanne

Wait, wait! I want an icon, too!!!

Can I have an ico, too?? An icon that will "insert filename and path" ??

spncity

Hi again,

We will both learn from Suzanne... I have no idea,
--
Kenneth

If you're saying you want a button, su

1. Open Tools | Customize.

2. On the Commands tab, scroll down and select the AutoText category.

3. In the Commands list, select "Filename and path."

4. Drag it to a toolbar. It will have a text label. If you want an icon,
you'll have to do two things:

a. Right-click on the button and change the button style to "Default
Style" (which for toolbar buttons is an icon and no text).

b. Right-click on the now blank button and either choose Change Button
Image and select from the rather bizarre assortment of icons or choose Edit
Button Image and create your own.

wrote:

Hello again,

You can certainly make a template. If you use this
frequently, that would be the way to go. And, yes, you can
make it in any font etc. you want.

You mentioned autotext, and in that list there is a choice
of filename & path.

You should be all set.

All the best,

--
Kenneth

TO Kenneth and Suzanne

Wait, wait! I want an icon, too!!!

Can I have an ico, too?? An icon that will "insert filename and path" ??

spncity

Hi again,

We will both learn from Suzanne... I have no idea,
--
Kenneth

spncity

Thanks for the icon instructions!

Man, I've been wanting this for YEARS!

Way cool. I'm going to post another question on another topic and maybe
I'll hit the jackpot again.

Thank you to you both....!!!

spncity

wrote:

Hello again,

You can certainly make a template. If you use this
frequently, that would be the way to go. And, yes, you can
make it in any font etc. you want.

You mentioned autotext, and in that list there is a choice
of filename & path.

You should be all set.

All the best,

--
Kenneth

TO Kenneth and Suzanne

Wait, wait! I want an icon, too!!!

Can I have an ico, too?? An icon that will "insert filename and path" ??

spncity

Hi again,

We will both learn from Suzanne... I have no idea,
--
Kenneth

Charles Kenyon

You could ...
Type "Filename and path" and press the F3 key.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.