Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Karen Karen is offline

Default Where is the change text direction option in Word 2007?

I uses the "change text direction" option a lot and in Word 2007 I can't
seems to find it. Is it still an option or do I have to make the text a text
box and rotate that - not helpful as I rotate text in tables

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules[_2_] JoAnn Paules[_2_] is offline

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...744321033.aspx

Try this - I'd be up a famous creek without a paddle if not for this site.

--

JoAnn Paules
Microsoft MVP - Publisher

How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

"Karen" wrote in message
I uses the "change text direction" option a lot and in Word 2007 I can't
seems to find it. Is it still an option or do I have to make the text a
text
box and rotate that - not helpful as I rotate text in tables

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Sun, 1 Apr 2007 10:40:02 -0700, Karen
wrote:

I uses the "change text direction" option a lot and in Word 2007 I can't
seems to find it. Is it still an option or do I have to make the text a text
box and rotate that - not helpful as I rotate text in tables

I think you're going to kick yourself when you look again...

After you've inserted a table, right-click in any cell and find the
Text Direction command about halfway down the menu. Or click the
Layout tab under Table Tools (which appears only when the cursor is in
a table) and find Text Direction in the Alignment group near the right
end of the ribbon.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules[_2_] JoAnn Paules[_2_] is offline

I kicked myself when I tried to alphabetize several "paragraphs". I jumped
thru hoops...and then Patrick Schmidt showed me the "correct" way. Of course
it was much, much easier - and made perfect sense. D'oh!

--

wrote:

I uses the "change text direction" option a lot and in Word 2007 I can't
seems to find it. Is it still an option or do I have to make the text a
text
box and rotate that - not helpful as I rotate text in tables

I think you're going to kick yourself when you look again...

After you've inserted a table, right-click in any cell and find the
Text Direction command about halfway down the menu. Or click the
Layout tab under Table Tools (which appears only when the cursor is in
a table) and find Text Direction in the Alignment group near the right
end of the ribbon.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
newsgroup so all may benefit.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dawn Crosier, Word MVP Dawn Crosier, Word MVP is offline

Text Direction can be found in two locations depending on what you are
doing.

The first is if you are in a Table, look at the Table Layout Tab. In the
Alignment Group you should be able to access the Text Direction command.

Also, if you have a text box, then you can select the Text Group from the
Format Tab to locate Text Direction.

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP

This message was posted to a newsgroup, Please post replies and questions
to the group so that others can learn as well.
"Karen" wrote in message
I uses the "change text direction" option a lot and in Word 2007 I can't
seems to find it. Is it still an option or do I have to make the text a
text
box and rotate that - not helpful as I rotate text in tables

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
pucalpa pucalpa is offline

I need the address in a newsletter to be upside down in comparison to the
rest of the text, for the post office. Text direction doesn't do upside down
and converting it to a table doesn't get it upside down either. Any
suggestions?
Thanks,
pucalpa

"Karen" wrote in message
I uses the "change text direction" option a lot and in Word 2007 I can't
seems to find it. Is it still an option or do I have to make the text a
text
box and rotate that - not helpful as I rotate text in tables

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

See http://www.gmayor.com/rotate_text.htm

--