Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.oleinterop,microsoft.public.word.vba.addins
Mike

Default Word 2007 - Docs to Go will not sync

Documents to Go (DTG) synchs Office documents with the Palm; I have a
Tungsten T3 and Documents to Go 8.003.

I've gone back & forth woth DataViz about this, but they have no
suggestions. I did a concurrent install of Office 2007 with Office 2003
(working fine) because I thought this might be a problem; however, even
setting Office 2003 as the default application doesn't help - DTG will not
sync. DataViz says it's an OLE problem, but other apps work just fine with
my current setup. I've even reinstalled DTG (haven't removed & reinstalled
it yet - will try that next).

Any suggestions? TIA,

Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.oleinterop,microsoft.public.word.vba.addins
Pathsmith

I too have this same problem. I've just taken Documents to Go from my
HotSync until this problem is resolved. That's not a long term solution
though.

Patricia

"Mike" wrote:

Documents to Go (DTG) synchs Office documents with the Palm; I have a
Tungsten T3 and Documents to Go 8.003.

I've gone back & forth woth DataViz about this, but they have no
suggestions. I did a concurrent install of Office 2007 with Office 2003
(working fine) because I thought this might be a problem; however, even
setting Office 2003 as the default application doesn't help - DTG will not
sync. DataViz says it's an OLE problem, but other apps work just fine with
my current setup. I've even reinstalled DTG (haven't removed & reinstalled
it yet - will try that next).

Any suggestions? TIA,

Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.oleinterop,microsoft.public.word.vba.addins
Mike

I've disabled it as well. I'm leary of completely removing it, just because
it will mean recreating the document views for my Palm (not a big deal, just
need to make sure I don't miss anything). Besides, I don't know for sure
that a complete reinstall will fix the problem. I hope DataViz at least
provides a workaround in the very near future, since they currently don't
have any plans of release an update.

Mike

"Mike" wrote:

Documents to Go (DTG) synchs Office documents with the Palm; I have a
Tungsten T3 and Documents to Go 8.003.

I've gone back & forth woth DataViz about this, but they have no
suggestions. I did a concurrent install of Office 2007 with Office 2003
(working fine) because I thought this might be a problem; however, even
setting Office 2003 as the default application doesn't help - DTG will
not
sync. DataViz says it's an OLE problem, but other apps work just fine
with
my current setup. I've even reinstalled DTG (haven't removed &
reinstalled
it yet - will try that next).

Any suggestions? TIA,

Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.oleinterop,microsoft.public.word.vba.addins
Mike

I completely removed Documents to Go, then - after doing 'detect & repair'
in Office 2003 (which makes it the default for Office file types) - I
rebooted & reinstalled it. And it still will not sync.

Has anyone been able to sync Office 2007 with Documents to Go? Or at least
been able to get Office 2003 to sync with it while they're both installed?
TIA,

Mike