Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Sleeper

Default Styles and Formatting - modify table - style not changing fonts

I've created a table style (Based on Table Normal), but when I try to change
the font to something other than the 'Normal' style it says that its changed
but does not do anything in the document.
Any changes to boarders, fills, colours,sizes etc work but not font
typeface/paragraph changes.

Its driving me nuts - 4 hours of frustration now....

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Deanna

I am having the same problem. All I want to do is modify Table Normal so
that it uses 10pt Arial, while my Normal style is 12pt Times New Roman.

"Sleeper" wrote:

I've created a table style (Based on Table Normal), but when I try to change
the font to something other than the 'Normal' style it says that its changed
but does not do anything in the document.
Any changes to boarders, fills, colours,sizes etc work but not font
typeface/paragraph changes.

Its driving me nuts - 4 hours of frustration now....

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Sleeper

Default Styles and Formatting - modify table - style not changing font

What version of word are you using? I'm on 2002 - I've also tried it on two
other machines but still no joy...

"Sleeper" wrote:

I've created a table style (Based on Table Normal), but when I try to change
the font to something other than the 'Normal' style it says that its changed
but does not do anything in the document.
Any changes to boarders, fills, colours,sizes etc work but not font
typeface/paragraph changes.

Its driving me nuts - 4 hours of frustration now....

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Sleeper

Looks like a bug that Microsoft has not fixed in any version. Check this
link...

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...14a843e79ff5a8

....from 'Autoformat table doesn't format font's after changing default font'
in Dec 2004.

"Sleeper" wrote:

I've created a table style (Based on Table Normal), but when I try to change
the font to something other than the 'Normal' style it says that its changed
but does not do anything in the document.
Any changes to boarders, fills, colours,sizes etc work but not font
typeface/paragraph changes.

Its driving me nuts - 4 hours of frustration now....

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Sleeper

As per the forum, I can confirm that changing the 'Normal' style back to
'Times New Roman' fixes this bug and lets you modify the table styles.

Those crazy Microsoft kids...