Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
apalmer apalmer is offline

Default page break causes space at top of next page before table

I can't get rid of the extra line before the table starts at the top of the
starts a line lower. Any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
macropod macropod is offline

Hi apalmer,

If you put the cursor in the first cell of your table and press Ctrl-Enter, that should give you a page break before the table,
without a preceding para mark on the new page. Likewise if you insert a page break before creating the table on the new page.

An alternative would be to format the first para in the table with a 'Page Break Before' layout - which avoids the need to insert a
manual page break.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"apalmer" wrote in message ...
I can't get rid of the extra line before the table starts at the top of the
starts a line lower. Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
apalmer apalmer is offline

Thanks a million...I tried so many things that didn't work! The "page break
before" format in the first cell is brilliant! I appreciate your time in
responding to my problem.

"apalmer" wrote in message ...
I can't get rid of the extra line before the table starts at the top of the
starts a line lower. Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
macropod macropod is offline

You're welcome