Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
apagano apagano is offline

Default How to span text between table cells in Word

I've created a Word form with several pages of a blank, two column form using
tables that is filled in by a user. Often the user's text in column 2 runs
beyond that cell in page 1 and needs to run to column 2 of page 2 and 3, etc.
The table cells are fixed height and I don't want the table cells on page 1
to break into page 2.

As it stands the user must watch as their typing gets near the end of the
cell on page 1 otherwise it disappears out of view. Is there a way I can
detect an end of cell marker and have the cursor automatically shifted to
column 2 on the next page?

I'm guessing I need some vba code to handle this problem. Can anyone offer
a suggestion on how to begin?

Tony
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

"apagano" wrote:

I've created a Word form with several pages of a blank, two column form using
tables that is filled in by a user. Often the user's text in column 2 runs
beyond that cell in page 1 and needs to run to column 2 of page 2 and 3, etc.
The table cells are fixed height and I don't want the table cells on page 1
to break into page 2.

As it stands the user must watch as their typing gets near the end of the
cell on page 1 otherwise it disappears out of view. Is there a way I can
detect an end of cell marker and have the cursor automatically shifted to
column 2 on the next page?

I'm guessing I need some vba code to handle this problem. Can anyone offer
a suggestion on how to begin?

You would need very complicated code to do what you want in real time. More
complicated than what anyone can give you for free as a tip on this board...
Unless someone happens to have the exact same code (or something close
enough) stored away and is willing to share...

If you intend to allow users to continue typing on top of the next apge, why
use fixed height at all?
It seems you are making things complicated for nothing.