Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
SilverTongue SilverTongue is offline

Default Big Jumps When Return is Hit

Okay I'm trying to help a friend in another office and for the life of me I
could not figure out what was happening. But like any good mystery, I can't
just leave it at that. On the last page of her document, hitting return drops
the next line approximately 1/4 to 1/3 of the way down the page. I've looked
everywhere for a solution (within the document itself and within Word),
including paragraph formatting. What would cause this and how can I fix the
problem?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

On the Layout tab of Page Setup, change the vertical alignment from
Justified to Top.

http://word.mvps.org

Tab jumps Andrew Hamrick Page Layout 4 May 9th 23 02:47 PM
Convert soft breaks (shift/return) into hard breaks (return). KathfromWI Microsoft Word Help 13 November 11th 06 02:20 PM
Search and replace hard-line-return character, not carriage return Tyler T Microsoft Word Help 2 August 16th 06 09:11 PM
Cursor jumps halfway down the page when i hit return kharrion Microsoft Word Help 2 September 26th 05 07:56 PM
VBA to apply a Soft Return (or Hard Return) at end of wrapped line Dennis Microsoft Word Help 7 May 14th 05 07:01 AM