Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
btupper2001 btupper2001 is offline

Default How to print a document partially landscape and partially portrai

I have a word document that starts out portrait and then switches to
landscape about half way through. It looks fine when I scroll through the
document but when I try to print - it comes out all portrait - and it just
shrinks the text in the landscape section to fit the portrait. Any
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Usually this is a limitation of the printer driver. Many duplex printers
will not mix portrait and landscape on the same sheet of paper. Even worse
are that some printers refuse to have portrait and landscape in the same
print run (those these are unusual). Are you able to test the document with
a different printer?

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"btupper2001" wrote in message
I have a word document that starts out portrait and then switches to
landscape about half way through. It looks fine when I scroll through the
document but when I try to print - it comes out all portrait - and it just
shrinks the text in the landscape section to fit the portrait. Any

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
btupper2001 btupper2001 is offline

Default How to print a document partially landscape and partially port

Thanks Terry - I will try it on a different printer in my office or maybe
stop trying to have it do things like double side and staple. Maybe by just
making it simple for the printer will allow it to happen.

Bret

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

Usually this is a limitation of the printer driver. Many duplex printers
will not mix portrait and landscape on the same sheet of paper. Even worse
are that some printers refuse to have portrait and landscape in the same
print run (those these are unusual). Are you able to test the document with
a different printer?

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"btupper2001" wrote in message
I have a word document that starts out portrait and then switches to
landscape about half way through. It looks fine when I scroll through the
document but when I try to print - it comes out all portrait - and it just
shrinks the text in the landscape section to fit the portrait. Any

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
PRDCT-TESTER PRDCT-TESTER is offline

I have they same problem, I have access various printers and they all do the
same. It would work fine if you first converted to PDF and print it from
acrobat. I would really like a solution for this. My client doesnt want to go
thru the conversion for every file they have to print in duplex mode.