Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
RichRaiff RichRaiff is offline

Default Margins of section x are outside the printable area of the page

I have a word 7 document with several sections in it. One section is a single
page with an organization chart on it. I have set the section to landscape
and the page looks fine in print preview. However, word still seems to have
the page set to portrait. If I tell the process to continue printing anyway
it prints in portrait and the chart is outside the printable area. Is there
any way that I can reset this for this section of the document so that word
will print in landscape?

If I copy and paste the chart into a new word document it prints correctly
so I don't think that the printer or driver are at fault.

--
Rich Raiff
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If by Word 7 you mean Word 2007 (Word 7 is Word for Windows 95), then go to
Page Layout | Page Setup | Columns | More Columns and click on the preset
picture for One, then OK. Does this help?

http://word.mvps.org

"RichRaiff" wrote in message
news
I have a word 7 document with several sections in it. One section is a
single
page with an organization chart on it. I have set the section to landscape
and the page looks fine in print preview. However, word still seems to
have
the page set to portrait. If I tell the process to continue printing
anyway
it prints in portrait and the chart is outside the printable area. Is
there
any way that I can reset this for this section of the document so that
word
will print in landscape?

If I copy and paste the chart into a new word document it prints correctly
so I don't think that the printer or driver are at fault.

--
Rich Raiff

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
RichRaiff RichRaiff is offline

Default Margins of section x are outside the printable area of the pag

This is Word in Office 2007, Office 12. It turns out that there was a "ghost"
chart in portrait mode behind the one in landscape. I found this out
accidentaly by deleting the lanscape chart in preperation for recreating it.
When I then switched the portrait mode chart to landscape all was well. I
don't kow how the second chart got there or why Word chose to ignore the
original landscape chart.
--
Rich Raiff

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If by Word 7 you mean Word 2007 (Word 7 is Word for Windows 95), then go to
Page Layout | Page Setup | Columns | More Columns and click on the preset
picture for One, then OK. Does this help?

http://word.mvps.org

news

.