Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ezreena Ezreena is offline

Default How do I stop "wrl.tmp" files from automatically saving ?

While working on a word document I frequently save it several times.
I now have ALOT of "shadow" files that save as "wrl.tmp" files and I believe
them to be slowing down my system.
I do NOT have a virus.
I have defragmented my computer.
I have cleaned up the desktop icons.
My questions:
1. How do I STOP these files from auto saving?
2. How do I remove all these "shadow" files from my system?
Thank you to anyone that can help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Ezreena,

Word uses a lot of different temp files while its working. Usually if the file names are ~wrl....tmp those are Office clipboard
files. You'll find additional details in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/211632

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Temporary files should only be a problem if they are not removed by the
application that creates them. See
http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm