Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CWP CWP is offline

Default How do I get a "fix" to open .docx files with word 2000?

My version of Word won't open .docx files. Without buying an upgrade, how do
I download a "fix"??
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

CWP wrote:
My version of Word won't open .docx files. Without buying an
upgrade, how do I download a "fix"??

Download the Office Compatibility Pack from
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...3-C6BB74CD1466.

Before you apply the pack, make sure your Office programs have been updated
to Service Pack 3, as indicated in the System Requirements section of that
page.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The subject of your message suggests that your Word version is 2007? Docx is
the default file format for Word 2007. What happens when you try to open
such a document?

"CWP" wrote in message
My version of Word won't open .docx files. Without buying an upgrade, how
do
I download a "fix"??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

How are you getting that from the subject line? To me it sounds like CWP has
Word 2000.

http://word.mvps.org