Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
PatT123

Default delete all section marks in a Word Table

I have a table that is sent to me in a word document. I need to move it into
Excel, but the person who creates it presses enter in the middle of the data
to line feed the information into a pretty format. If I put the data into
text everything comes out with line feeds in the middle of data groups. In
Excel Some of the cells come out on one row others slip to a second row
because of the hidden blank cells caused by section marks. Can these marks
be stripped out of the whole file?

Any ideas? See below an example of what it looks like when I convert to
text.

Mary
James

1/6/87

This is
the way
the file looks

John
Smith

1/7/62 -

1/8/92
Or it
May look

Like this
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Well, these are not section breaks, just line breaks. You can remove manual
line breaks in Word by searching for ^l (lowercase L) and replacing with
nothing or a space as appropriate.

"PatT123" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
PatT123

Did you mean a physical above the #6 and an l or is an alt or control and an
l. I tried the above the 6 and it did not work.

"PatT123" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

The ^ above the 6. If you click "More" in the Find and Replace dialog and
click on Special, then Manual Line Break, Word will insert this code for
you. If this is not finding line breaks, then perhaps they are not line
breaks but paragraph breaks (^p). See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Well, these are not section breaks, just line breaks. You can remove

manual
line breaks in Word by searching for ^l (lowercase L) and replacing with
nothing or a space as appropriate.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.