Olga

Default Field code error when printing document

Hi

What is the problem when I have pasted slides from Powerpoint to Word
and when I print the document the slide pictures turn into a message
that I think in English is Can't edit field codes. If I try to
translate it word by word it says You cannot edit objects by editing
the field codes. The thing is that I haven't edited any field codes
although I know what they are.

Does it have to do how I paste the slide into word, I only use Copy –
Paste? If I use Paste special and select Picture(enhanced metafile) it
prints out fine. But why do I have to do it like that?
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi Olga,

Which version of Word is this?

In Tools/Options/Print do you have field codes NOT activated? (If it is,
try deactivating it)

Also, you could try LOCKING the fields so that they can't update: select
them, then press Ctrl+F11 (Ctrl+Shift+F11 unlocks).

Finally, if you boot Windows in Safe Mode (so that third-party software
isn't loaded, such as virus checkers) does the problem still occur, or
does it go away?

What is the problem when I have pasted slides from Powerpoint to Word
and when I print the document the slide pictures turn into a message
that I think in English is Can't edit field codes. If I try to
translate it word by word it says You cannot edit objects by editing
the field codes. The thing is that I haven't edited any field codes
although I know what they are.

Does it have to do how I paste the slide into word, I only use Copy –
Paste? If I use Paste special and select Picture(enhanced metafile) it
prints out fine. But why do I have to do it like that?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Corrupt fonts when printing a merged document Mark J Barefoot Mailmerge 3 March 20th 05 08:17 PM
Using TEXTFORM Field in a Word document OhNoJO Microsoft Word Help 1 January 20th 05 12:48 AM
Date Field Code problems TC Mailmerge 3 December 29th 04 10:17 PM
How do I use the PRINT field code to ... Dave Microsoft Word Help 3 December 13th 04 03:06 PM
Text Form Field Ref in Footer Won't Update on Screen StarWine Microsoft Word Help 3 December 6th 04 06:17 PM