Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Adil Jan Khattak Adil Jan Khattak is offline

Default ms word file are unreadable

When I try to open a Word Document, a dialogue box appears with the heading
File Conversion - followed by the file name which ends in .doc. Below this
it reads 'Select the encoding that makes your document readable and three
options; Windows (Default); MS-DOS and Other encoding. The Windows is
automatically
highlighted.
Whatever I try to do to resolve the issue the document always opens in
unreadable form? I do not understand what has gone wrong here.

This problem has never occurred before. I have installed Microsoft Office
Professional Edition 2003 and have Windows XP.

Is there someone that can help a frustrated yet incredibily patient computer
user?

I would appreciate any assistance to my concern.

Regards ADIL JAN, KDA, Kohat, Pakistan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Try Open and Repair.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Adil Jan Khattak" wrote:

When I try to open a Word Document, a dialogue box appears with the heading
File Conversion - followed by the file name which ends in .doc. Below this
it reads 'Select the encoding that makes your document readable and three
options; Windows (Default); MS-DOS and Other encoding. The Windows is
automatically
highlighted.
Whatever I try to do to resolve the issue the document always opens in
unreadable form? I do not understand what has gone wrong here.

This problem has never occurred before. I have installed Microsoft Office
Professional Edition 2003 and have Windows XP.

Is there someone that can help a frustrated yet incredibily patient computer
user?

I would appreciate any assistance to my concern.

Regards ADIL JAN, KDA, Kohat, Pakistan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] bmhdharshil@gmail.com is offline

On Oct 15, 2:09 pm, Stefan Blom wrote:
Try Open and Repair.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Adil Jan Khattak" wrote:
When I try to open a Word Document, a dialogue box appears with the heading
File Conversion - followed by the file name which ends in .doc. Below this
it reads 'Select the encoding that makes your document readable and three
options; Windows (Default); MS-DOS and Other encoding. The Windows is
automatically
highlighted.
Whatever I try to do to resolve the issue the document always opens in
unreadable form? I do not understand what has gone wrong here.

This problem has never occurred before. I have installed Microsoft Office
Professional Edition 2003 and have Windows XP.

Is there someone that can help a frustrated yet incredibily patient computer
user?

I would appreciate any assistance to my concern.

Regards ADIL JAN, KDA, Kohat, Pakistan- Hide quoted text -

Hi m harshil ...
m facing same problem...
i had tryed Open and Repair still m facing same problem...
is there any solution for that..???