Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Chuck Davis

Default How can I click on a word and get the dictionary definition

I use a program called 1-Click answers available he
http://www.answers.com/

"Patrick Schmid" wrote in message
Hello,

is your word underlined with a red or green squiggle? If that's the case
then Word will present you (when you right-click) with a special
spelling/grammar right-click menu that does not include the commands you
are looking for. You can either solve the spelling/grammar issue and then
get the right-click menu you are accustomed to, or you can use Tools -
Language - Thesaurus to get the synomys. Alternatively, you can activate
the research task pane with Tools - Research (or find the icon in the
toolbar for it). There you can pick what kind of information you want to
know, e.g. whether you are interested in synonyms or in definitions.

I hope this helps.

Patrick Schmid
"B" wrote in message
Before I could click on tools in Word and if I highlighted a word in my
doc I
could get a definitions of the word and also a list of other words with
the
same meaning? Today I now get the grammer and splell check option and
can't
find the option for dictionary help? How can I get back the dictionary
help?
It also gave suggestions for other words to use in the doc in place of
the
word used.