jle64

Default student tools menu

I recently purchased Office 2003 student edition and Student 2006. After
to load a single page text only document. Word crashes several time a day. In
the menu bar there are 5 instances of the Student Tools that have identical
options. I believe this is what is problem of speed. When it starts in the
safe mode it performs well and does not have the Student tools in the menu.
How can I remove Student tools? I have tried unistalling both and
re-installing only Office but this does not work.
--
jle
Jay Freedman

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErr...peningWord.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Regards,
Jay Freedman
jle64

Jay,

Thanks for the input. I downlaoded the latest SP of MS Office and XP, still
no help. I don't understand all of the instances of Student Tools in the Menu
bar. They have they contain the same things. Have you ad any experience with
this?

jle

wrote:

I recently purchased Office 2003 student edition and Student 2006. After
to load a single page text only document. Word crashes several time a day. In
the menu bar there are 5 instances of the Student Tools that have identical
options. I believe this is what is problem of speed. When it starts in the
safe mode it performs well and does not have the Student tools in the menu.
How can I remove Student tools? I have tried unistalling both and
re-installing only Office but this does not work.

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErr...peningWord.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Regards,
Jay Freedman

jle64

Suzanne,

I found the issues with slow loading. It seems the Student 2006 was loading
French, German, and Spanish dictionaries on each document chage. After
disabling these Word performs normally. I am still stuck with 5 instances of
Student tools in the menu bar. If you have any suggestions to remove them I
would apprecaite it. I disabled all add-ins but this did not help. Thanks
again for your suggestions.
--
jle

wrote:

[...]

I can tell you how to remove them but not how to guarantee that they stay
removed. You can click Alt and drag them off or open Tools | Customize and
drag them off. If you have removed the add-ins that are putting them there,
they should probably stay gone.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

What this suggests is that there is a poorly written add-in involved.

The
Microsoft Works Suite Add-in for Word did the same sort of thing with

Mail
Merge (adding a menu entry every time you started Word).

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

wrote:

I recently purchased Office 2003 student edition and Student 2006.

After

much
time