Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Liz Rava

Default ruler measurement

Hi,
I just upgraded to Office XP from 2000, and now my ruler measurement in Word
is really odd. There are tons of numbers, but in no particular sequence or
combination. I have tryed going to options and switching around the ruler
measurement to picas and pixels and centimeters, and nothing changes. Any
suggestions? Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

In Word, click on Tools | Options | General | Measurement units:
choose your preferred unit of measure | OK. If Word won't let
you change the setting there, then see
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=299339 "You cannot change
ruler measurement unit from character units after upgrade to
Office XP" or http://www.gmayor.com/Character_Units.htm .