Remove Text Boxes, keep the text

Old July 26th 16, 03:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected]

Default Remove Text Boxes, keep the text

On Wednesday, February 4, 2015 at 5:58:36 AM UTC-6, wrote:
None of the above methods worked for me. I found a solution that works if you have Adobe Acrobat.

Save the Word document as a PDF. Choose "Save as", "More options", "Rich text format". Save. Open the RTF document. If everything looks good, save it as a Word document.

Hope that was helpful!

I just used it too, and it worked for me. Posts like yours are really a blessing to "Digitally Challenged Seniors" like me.
Old October 12th 16, 06:15 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected]

On Thursday, January 26, 2012 at 4:37:23 AM UTC+7, JPh12 wrote:
Some Pdf-to-Word/RTF converters produce documents with hundreds of text
boxes that each contain a piece of the text.

Rather than laboriously extracting their content one box at a time, is
there a way to automatically remove all the boxes and keep the text (I'm
using Word 2003) ?

--
JPh12

Ctrl+A, Ctrl+Q very good & Thank you.
Old November 2nd 16, 08:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected]

This is the solution I have been waiting for - SAVE AS RTF!!! In my case I unticked the settings option to "include comments". Voila! a simple PDF with tables converted to a format I can use with WORD without 1000s of annoying text boxes. No more converting, no more messed up layout as I remove text boxes. No more text boxes inside table cells.

Very helpful!

Old April 28th 17, 03:11 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected]

On Wednesday, February 4, 2015 at 6:58:36 AM UTC-5, wrote:
None of the above methods worked for me. I found a solution that works if you have Adobe Acrobat.

Save the Word document as a PDF. Choose "Save as", "More options", "Rich text format". Save. Open the RTF document. If everything looks good, save it as a Word document.

Hope that was helpful!

OMG, I was demoted over something so simple!!! God Bless you. That will NEVER HAPPEN TO ME AGAIN! Thank you so much!
Old July 9th 19, 10:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected]

On Wednesday, January 25, 2012 at 4:37:23 PM UTC-5, JPh12 wrote:
Some Pdf-to-Word/RTF converters produce documents with hundreds of text
boxes that each contain a piece of the text.

Rather than laboriously extracting their content one box at a time, is
there a way to automatically remove all the boxes and keep the text (I'm
using Word 2003) ?

I saved the file as a .doc and the stupid text boxes go away. Then re-save as .docx.

--
JPh12

Remove text boxes Sherry Microsoft Word Help 2 November 27th 07 06:09 AM
Remove text boxes angbob Page Layout 3 October 22nd 07 11:06 PM
Aligning check boxes and text boxes with regular text ssbell Microsoft Word Help 1 March 28th 07 02:12 AM
Can I hide the text boxes when printing? I used text boxes to ove. Jaz Microsoft Word Help 1 May 24th 06 12:29 PM
remove all text boxes Alan Smithee Jr. New Users 2 April 29th 06 04:10 AM