Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cjw064 cjw064 is offline

Default How to put a header and footer on one page only of a document

Hi all,
Can any1 help pls... I want to place a header and footer on 1 page only of
my multi page document but at the moment its appearing on all pages. Please
can any1 help and advise.
Thanks
Chris
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You can enable the "Different first page" option (in File | Page
Setup, Layout tab) for any given section.

To insert a section break, use Insert | Break. Choose "Next page" or
"Odd page," and click OK.

See also: http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HeaderFooter.htm

Alternatively, if you want to have a header and footer on a specific
page (a specific page number), you can use a conditional field in the
header and footer. The following example inserts text if the current
page number is 3:

{ IF { PAGE } = 3 "This is page three" "" }

To insert each pair of field delimiters, press Ctrl+F9. Type the code
as shown. To update, press F9. To toggle display of field codes, press
Alt+F9.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"cjw064" wrote in message
Hi all,
Can any1 help pls... I want to place a header and footer on 1 page

only of
my multi page document but at the moment its appearing on all pages.

Please
can any1 help and advise.
Thanks
Chris

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] progamermx360@gmail.com is offline

On Monday, September 11, 2006 at 5:02:02 AM UTC-5, cjw064 wrote:
Hi all,
Can any1 help pls... I want to place a header and footer on 1 page only of
my multi page document but at the moment its appearing on all pages. Please
can any1 help and advise.
Thanks
Chris

FRRIIKKK I did it once but then I forgot how to do it. FFFRRRRIIIKKKKK
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On the Page Layout tab, go to Breaks. Insert a Section Break-Next Page at the
start of the page where you want a header, and do the same at the end of that
page. Then click in the Header or Footer area of that page only.

If the "link to previous" is available, unclick it before you put anything in
the header/footer.

I don't know if it will try to put a header in the sections before or after,
but if it does, unclick the "Same as Previous" and delete anything that might
have gotten copied in.