Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Barry Baker Barry Baker is offline

Default Mail Merge / excel

I have a mail merge document that works fine except a couple of the field are
a percentage field , in excel i have formated it to 2 decimal points but wen
it merges to work, it show the whole number which is about 15 digits

any idea how to make it just the tow. is ok in excel but not in word
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

See "Formatting Word fields with switches" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
website at

Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Barry Baker" Barry wrote in message
I have a mail merge document that works fine except a couple of the field
are
a percentage field , in excel i have formated it to 2 decimal points but
wen
it merges to work, it show the whole number which is about 15 digits

any idea how to make it just the tow. is ok in excel but not in word

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Barry Baker[_2_] Barry Baker[_2_] is offline

I am using Word 2007, dont know if this make a difference but i have tried
that code and it dont work
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Barry Baker[_2_] Barry Baker[_2_] is offline

found that this works \# ",0.00"

But i have tried and tried the % one but cant get that to work

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Did you enter the second enclosing pair of field brackets with CTRL+F9?

{={Mergefield Fieldname} * 100 \# ",0.00%"}

Barry Baker wrote:
found that this works \# ",0.00"

But i have tried and tried the % one but cant get that to work

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Pat[_4_] Pat[_4_] is offline

HI! I am trying to format to a % and it is not coming in correctly.
I searched and found this message.

My answer in Excel is 121.9%; however it is merging into my word doc as 1.22%

This is what my field reads: {MERGEFIELD "my field name" * 100 \# ",0.0%"}

I see that you are recommending adding an additional field bracket, however
when I enter as suggested below, I receive this !Syntax Error, {

How do I add additional brackets? Or better yet, how do I make this work
so that my answer in word is 121.9%
--
Thanks, Pat

Barry Baker wrote:
found that this works \# ",0.00"

But i have tried and tried the % one but cant get that to work

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Try { ={ MERGEFIELD "my field name" }*100 \#"0.0%" }

where you insert each pair of the special field braces {} using ctrl-F9

You only need the "," if you want a thousands separator, e.g. where the
value is 1234.5% and you want 1,234.5%

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

Pat wrote:
HI! I am trying to format to a % and it is not coming in correctly.
I searched and found this message.

My answer in Excel is 121.9%; however it is merging into my word doc as 1.22%

This is what my field reads: {MERGEFIELD "my field name" * 100 \# ",0.0%"}

I see that you are recommending adding an additional field bracket, however
when I enter as suggested below, I receive this !Syntax Error, {

How do I add additional brackets? Or better yet, how do I make this work
so that my answer in word is 121.9%

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Pat[_4_] Pat[_4_] is offline

Great! I will try that.