Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
b3 b3 is offline

Default Saved file to disc then overwrote both disc and word with blank do

I saved my word doc previously on the comp and then I saved it to disc. but
when it asked me to delete my old copy on the disc with the updated document
it replaced both the document on my computer and disc with a blank document
and I can no longer find my document with all the work on????

Any way I can retreive previous saved work. And yes, the automatic save was
on.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

There is no 'automatic save' in Word. Only automatic save of recovery
information.
If you have the create backup option set, the backup will be your previously
saved version.
If you save directly to removable disc, this is the most common known cause
of document corruption.
Never ever read from, write to, or print from removable media with Word.
Copy to/from the hard disc and work on the document from there.
If you save a blank document over a document the original is lost as soon as
you close the file.
For the future see http://www.gmayor.com/automatically_backup.htm