#1   Report Post  

Default Mail Merge

We have a mail merge document set up to print separate documents in the merge data. I have read a lot about how the \* MERGEFORMAT doesn't really do anything very good and we have that in each field. Out of about 15 forms there are 4 that have messed up formating and will not print correctly. I understand that this may be because of the formatting in the MERGE FIELD that exists in the main document. I am not very literate so some of the explanations I have read here a bit confusing.

This is what the string looks like for one of the forms that is problematic:

(bracket)IF MERGEFIELD EXPIND(bracket) = "EXPIND" (bracket)INCLUDETEXT"U\\Fin\\share\\BANNER\\Banner-Merge Documents\\Tracking Forms\\2013-14\\expensestatementstudent.doc" \*MERGEFORMAT(bracket)"

When it prints the formatting is all over the place. Can someone explain to me in pretty simple language how to fix it?

Thanks,
Carla