numpty

Default Cannot see installed font within Word 2002

Hi,

I have office XP installed. when i try to insert a symbol into a
document, there is no option for the wingdings font. The only fonts I
appear to have is 'Normal text', 'Asian text', 'Complex Script Text'
and 3 'Device Font' types. If I look into the fonts within control
panel there are lots of fonts install, including WindDings.

I have tried to install Wingdings again, but am told htat I need to
remove old the old one first. Removing and re-installing the font
doesn't seem to make any difference to Word.

Thanks for any help,

--
numpty
Jay Freedman

numpty wrote:
Hi,

I have office XP installed. when i try to insert a symbol into a
document, there is no option for the wingdings font. The only fonts I
appear to have is 'Normal text', 'Asian text', 'Complex Script Text'
and 3 'Device Font' types. If I look into the fonts within control
panel there are lots of fonts install, including WindDings.

I have tried to install Wingdings again, but am told htat I need to
remove old the old one first. Removing and re-installing the font
doesn't seem to make any difference to Word.

Thanks for any help,

Select a 'real' printer as the default printer. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NoFonts.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman