"Grammar Only" check does not work - but Style and Spelling check

Old December 9th 08, 03:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Argravated

Default "Grammar Only" check does not work - but Style and Spelling check

I already looked, and I don't have a "Proofing Tools\1.0\Override" folder in
my registry to delete.

I recently realized that punctuation errors are not being caught. When I set
the checker to "Grammar Only," it flags no errors in this sentence:

This is a test of Why should I need to test the grammar checker (that stupid
“thing?

When I enable style checking, it suggests a spacing issue.

Has anyone else encountered this?
Old December 10th 08, 10:33 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

Note that the grammar checker has its flaws. Some things it just doesn't
catch.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP